Monday, March 18, 2013

Stampin' Up Exclusive Dress Form Pop 'n Cuts Die with Dress Up Framelits Die

I made my first Pop 'n Cuts card and I love it!  It is so much fun to dress up the Dress Form with your own design. It is twice as much effort as the usual card because you need to design the card front as well as the interior dress form pop up.


Here is the front of the card which features the dress form from the Dress Up Framelits.  I cut the dress form frame from Basic Gray card stock and the printed dress form from Tea for Two Designer Series Paper.  I embellished it with a flower from the Flower Trim ribbon and some Basic pearls.

The strip of DSP is also from Tea for Two.  The background layer is Calypso Coral embossed with the Honeycomb Textured Impressions Folder.  The greeting frame from the Four Frames stamp set was stamped with Lucky Limeade and the greeting is from Petite Pairs stamp set.  The ribbon is Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon  which will retire on May 31, 2013. I will be so sad to see the ruffled ribbon go, but they always come up with new favorites.

This is the fun part of the part - the dress form pop up.  The pop up was cut from Sahara Sand card stock.  I added striped paper for "wall paper" and dotted paper for a "rug' - both from the Neutrals Color Collection Designer Series Paper Stack.   I cut a dress top and skirt from Tea for Two Designer Series Paper with the Dress Up Framelits.  The belt was made with natural ribbon, cut in half lengthwise.  I punched a flower from the same DSP collection and embellished it with a Basic Pearl.   The greeting from Blooming with Kindness was stamped and then punched with the Large Oval Punch.  I layered on Early Expresso cardstock that was die cut with an Apothecary Accents Framelit.  I used lots of Stampin' Dimensionals in all the layers.

My sketch included a wall mirror made with Silver Glimmer Paper and the Oval Framelits, and Edgelit borders at the top and bottom, but I ran out of time...  And that would be another story!!

Here is a close up of the dress:
I made these for a swap, and have pieces to make 4 more cards.  My plan is to finish them tonight...  We'll see!

Stamp, stamp, stamp!!



No comments: