Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day very late...

I got behind on my blogging because I was sick for almost 2 weeks.  I had only enough energy to go to work and get ready for my Annual Sale-A-Bration event which I will tell you about tomorrow.  I had time to make two cards this year, so only my Mom & Dad and one other person got a card this year.



I didn't have much time to get this together and I don't have a current St. Patrick's Day stamp, so I dug into my stash and found this very coveted set called Lucky Me!  I was so lucky (:-) to get it for a decent price a few years ago.

Rainbows are a popular theme for this holiday so I represented the rainbow with ROY G BIV colors (Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Marina Mist, Island Indigo, and Elegant Eggplant) of card stock cut with the Sizzix Tasteful Trim die.  I stamped the little shamrock background stamp all over Whisper White Card Stock to make the background paper.  I glued my "rainbow" strips on it and then mounted it on a Garden Green Cardbase.  I stamped the greeting and punched it with the Designer Label Die.  I punched two more Designer Labels from Garden Green.  I cut one in half lengthwise and the other crosswise, and layered them behind the stamped punch to form a frame.  The pearls were colored with a permanent marker.

So... Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, a little bit late!

Phyllis Strickland

No comments: