Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sizzix Daisies #2 - quick flower card

This card is one of my favorites but it uses some retired colors:

Crushed Curry (Retired)
Green Galore  (Retired)
Bermuda Bay  (Retired)
Melon Mambo
Rich Razzleberry

The card base is Whisper White.  I cut strips of the other colors and ran them through my Big Shot with the Sizzix Texture Plates.  I then glued them together to make a rectangle, and trimmed it to size. I mounted that piece on Basic Black cardstock.

I cut the flower layers with Sizzix Daisies #2 die, then embossed them with a Texture Plate.  I curled the petals with a round pencil to give them some dimension.  The layers are attached with Stampin' Up Dimensionals (foam dots) - I stacked 2 between each layer.   I made "thread" for the button with a skinny piece of cardstock and attached it to the flower with a couple glue dots.  I attached the flower to the card with MORE Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment with Rich Razzleberry and punched it out with the Word Window Punch and layered on the Modern Label Punch outs.   I made the layered Modern Label by punching one Rich Razzleberry and one Melon Mambo. I cut the Melon Mambo punch out in half and placed it behind the Rich Razzleberry.  And yes, MORE Stampin' Dimensionals!! I attached this to the card with Dimensionals.


I admit it, I am a Dimensional junkie!

There you have it - a quick and easy card.

No comments: